Okay KGBERS, just when you think you have the worst luck....we bring you 13 ROCKERS AND ROCKBANDS with THE WORST LUCK EVER!!!!!!! Buckle up Kgbers....
13. LYNYRD SKYNYRD and ALLAN COLLINS. Of course tragedy struck when the band was hitting their zenith career-wise. Their touring plane crashed in Oct.'77 due t mechanical problems and half the band was killed. Founding member Allen Collins, who somehow pulled through the horror and tragedy of the crash, was involved in a horrible car accident leaving him paralyzed!! He later died succumbing to complications of pneumonia brought on by his paralysis... THAT DOUBLE SUCKS!!!
12. THE ALLMAN BROTHERS. Lost TWO members in motorcycle accidents...first, legendary guitarist Duane Allman died in '71 and bassist Berry Oakley died shortly after on his bike only a few blocks from where Duane was killed... YEEGADS!!
11. ACE FREHLEY of Kiss. Nearly drowned TWICE and was almost killed by electrocution when touching an ungrounded wire on stage....ZAP OUCH!!
10. BRIAN JONES of Rolling Stones. The founding member and most popular member was downsized in his own band in a power struggle with Mick and was later FIRED by his own band!?#! He was found dead at the bottom of his pool just a few days later after he was let go. NOT GOOD!!
9. SYD BARRETT of Pink Floyd. A founding member and original driving force of Floyd suffered a psychotic breakdown due to depression and heavy drug use to which he never recovered. He died a recluse in his mom's home....SHINE ON SYD!
8. PETE BEST of the Beatles. He WAS a Beatle....nuff said! WHY ME??BADLUCK
7. CLIFF BURTON of Metallica. Died on the band tour bus when it skidded on ice and flipped over in Sweden. He felt lucky when he got to pick in which bunk to sleep, which sadly turned out to be TERRIBLY unlucky. That spot of the bus was annihilated in the tragic crash. BLACK ICE = BAD LUCK!!
6. DAVE EVANS of AC/DC. WAS the singer of AC/DC before being shown the rock door. Bon Scott showed up...and the rest you know. Hey, that is what we call..." I USED TO BE IN (INSERT HUGE BAND NAME HERE)...REALLY!!!....BAD LUCK!!!
5. TRACII GUNS formerly Gus-n-Roses. Well yes, the "Guns" part of Guns-n-Roses came from the cofounder of GNR...Tracii Guns. When Axl's Hollywood Rose merged with Tracii's LA Guns...you get the name. Well, sadly, Tracii "parted ways...and Slash stepped in and KABOOM...Biggest band in the world at the time. DOH! BAD LUCK!
4. DEF LEPPARD. Drummer Rick Allen lost his arm in a New Years Eve car accident...and if that wasn't enough..DL lost beloved guitarist Steve Clark to severe alcoholism in '91. SNIFF SNIFF BAD LUCK :0(!!
3. SPINAL TAP. Do NOT apply for position of drummer/percussionist. Death is certain....;0) MOCKROCK BAD LUCK!!!!
2. BADFINGER. Tragedy owned this band. They were bankrupted by greedy managers and record labels. Despair drove singer/guitarist Pete Hamm to hang himself in '75 and bassist to the exact same fate in '83. "BAD" LUCK = BADFINGER...:0(!
1. TREX. Should have been named Bad Rex. Yes, this influential glamband lost visionary frontman Marc Bolan who died in a car crash in '77 after letting his girlfriend drive the car. She survived, Marc did not. Mickey Finn died of alcohol-related liver illness and Steve Currie died in an auto accident as well. And finally....in bizarro crazy madness...member Steve Peregrin Took was celebrating when he won a big legal case in regards to unpaid royalties. Flush with cash, he and pals went on a bender...and he was found dead the next morning ...WITH A COCKTAIL ONICN STUCK in his throat!!!!! WHEN YOU LOOK UP BAD LUCK...YOU WILL SEE A PICTURE OF T REX!!!! :0(