There's a long list of restaurants offering up free food to our heroes on Veterans Day. Just check it out:
1. California Pizza Kitchen -- Veterans and active military personnel have two days to choose any pie on the CPK menu, and they'll get it free, along with a non-alcoholic beverage! The special runs Sunday, November 11, and Monday, November 12, and will be open to anyone dressed in official US military uniform or anyone who can offer a military ID or other proof of service.
2. Applebee's -- It's an annual tradition at Applebee's to provide a free meal to vets and active duty military on Veteran's Day as part of their Thank You Movement. Americans can also show their pride in our troops on the restaurant website.
3. Outback Steakhouse -- Members of the military and veterans get a free Bloomin' Onion and a Coca-Cola on November 11 and 12 at the steakhouse this year. The restaurant is extending a thank-you to military families too by giving the military personnel member 10 percent off the entire guest check.
4. Golden Corral -- The annual Military Appreciation Monday at this chain is set for November 12 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Military heroes past and present will get a free dinner buffet and beverage, and the restaurant will continue its financial support of the Disabled American Veterans organization.
5. Famous Daves -- Locations throughout the United States have a variety of offers on tap for veterans and active duty personnel. There's everything from a two-meat salute to 25 percent off your check, depending on the restaurant location.
6. Sizzler -- Get in to this chain early, and military personnel and vets get a free lunch before 4 p.m. on Monday, November 12.
7. Hooters -- If you're a fan of the wings and a member of the military (current or retired), you'll get 10 free on Sunday, November 11! The Veterans Day promotion applies only to boneless wings, and you need to buy a beverage.