There are two things it seems everyone knows about San Diego: 1, that the weather is perfect; and 2, that KGB is the rock-solid rock station. It's one of a handful of radio stations in America that have been true to rock n roll…and no other format…for 4 non-stop decades. It's an honor and a thrill to be side by side with Coe Lewis doing mornings in this damn near perfect town! Coe will tell you…it's all about the KGB listeners. When you win, we win. It's up to you and to us to keep rock alive and well in San Diego!
Here's my radio deal: In the teenage years: Soldering iron in hand, built a 100 watt pirate station in Dix Hills, New York. A FCC visit to my parent's house ended the fun 3 months later. Comedy. After college and for 20 years (almost to the day) I was the WBAB/Long Island VP/Programming and Morning DJ. Favorite moment: The WBAB No-Skin, No-Win Tanning Contest. Judging by the babes who's pictures line the walls of KGB, I know you've witnessed some of those yourself.
The next decade was spent as Program Director and DJ at KGB's sister station, WAXQ, Q104.3/New York. Favorite moment: When the legendary WNEW-FM declared that rock was dead and that they were changing formats. We jumped in and went, over time, to #1 Adults in New York. Manhattan is a one-of-a kind place to live and work.
In 2008, I got hired as Program Director and Afternoon DJ at KLOS, to the north in LA. We had plenty of fun there as well, with KLOS being one of the few stations to share in KGB's legacy of 4 decades of rock loyalty. Got to love Southern California…no doubt!
It's the middle of 2012 and here we are. I'm hoping your support of rock in San Diego will bring the legendary KGB to even greater heights. We're all in this together!
Live studio performance by Great White
Thanks to Listener RuZZ for these awesome up close and personal pics of ZZ Top, Floggin Molly and Dan Akroyd!
Check out these 10 Presidential Facts you didn't know!
1. Use your menorah to produce some romantic mood lighting. Since each night you add a candle, each night the lighting will change.
2. Always have sex before you make the latkes. Or at least make sure your hands and clothing are free of deep-fried residue before you go at it.
3. Play strip spin the dreidel. The Hebrew letter Gimel means take off all your clothes, Shin means put your clothing back on, Hei means take off half of your clothing and Nun means do absolutely nothing.
4. Use (non-cooking) oil in bed -- to give your partner a massage. The oil probably won’t last for eight days, but it will still be good holiday fun.
5. Find a way to incorporate chocolate gelt into your sex life every day of the holiday. Chocolate is an alleged aphrodisiac, after all.
6. Give your partner a gift each night ... preferably ones that can be purchased at Babeland or the like.
7. If you’re having sex for one, make sure to get some fantasy inspiration from the 2013 “Nice Jewish Guys” calendar. Your mom would be so proud.
8. Instead of smoking a postcoital cigarette (which we do not, in any way, encourage), eat a postcoital jelly donut. Way more delicious.